Varithena Treatment at Susan Biegel, MD
Dr. Susan Biegel, with over 25 years of experience, extends her commitment to preventive care and holistic wellness to include innovative solutions like Varithena™ for varicose veins and spider veins in the Upland, CA.
What is Varithena™?
Varithena is a revolutionary injectable microfoam utilized in ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy treatments. This patented treatment effectively addresses both varicose veins and spider veins, providing a quick, incision-free procedure lasting under 10 minutes. Patients often describe the Varithena experience as nearly painless, with only 4.0% reporting pain during clinical trials.
How Varithena Works
- Injection: The microfoam is injected directly into the vein.
- Closure: The foam causes the vein to collapse and close.
- Blood Displacement: Blood is redirected into a healthy vein.
- Reabsorption: The body naturally absorbs the collapsed vein, leading to improved appearance and reduced discomfort.
Varithena received FDA approval in November 2013 after rigorous safety testing on thousands of patients. Over 100,000 successful Varithena procedures have since been performed, making it a trusted choice for patients seeking relief from varicose veins.
Private insurance, Medicare, and Medicare Advantage plans may cover Varithena treatment when deemed medically necessary. Our team can assist in determining your coverage eligibility.
Your First Appointment
During your initial visit, Dr. Biegel will assess your vein health through visual examination and ultrasound. If Varithena is recommended, you’ll receive personalized guidance based on your unique needs.
Preparation for Varithena Treatment
One Week Before:
- Follow specific instructions regarding medications.
- Avoid aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Inform the doctor about any allergies.
Morning of the Procedure:
- Do not shave your legs.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Stay hydrated.
- Bring compression stockings.
The Varithena Treatment – What to Expect
- Treatment duration: 5-10 minutes.
- Local anesthetic applied.
- Varithena injected under ultrasound guidance.
- Immediate return home with minimal disruption to daily activities.
After Treatment Care
- Wear compression stockings as instructed.
- Walk for 60 minutes per day during the treatment period.
- Mild soreness or itching may occur, alleviated by recommended measures.
Follow-Up and Additional Treatments
- Veins may need re-treatment based on specific conditions.
- Dr. Biegel will monitor progress and discuss the best course of action.
- Regular evaluations ensure early detection and treatment of new veins.
Take the first step toward a life free from varicose vein discomfort. Contact Susan Biegel, MD, at (909) 985-1908 to schedule your consultation and explore the benefits of Varithena treatment. Serving Upland, CA and the Inland Empire. Enjoy the simple pleasures of life without the burden of leg pain or discomfort.